Influenster

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Do your own facial!!!

   So I am big on home remedies and DIY projects! I have done tons of things such as make my own baked eyeshadow, homemade lip gloss, teeth whitener, ect.. One thing I have found that I absolutely LOVE is my DIY facial! Its so easy and so effective! I love it! I do it once a week and its such a great routine!

   My facial only uses 4 ingredients! Most things that you will probably find in your kitchen! Here are the ingredients and steps! Give it a try and let me know what you think!!


Ingredients:
Brown Sugar
Honey
Lemon Juice (can use concentrate but I prefer juice from a fresh lemon)
Coconut Oil or Olive Oil 

Steps:
   In a small bowl mix brown sugar with about 1 tablespoon of honey! Mix enough brown sugar so that you have a good exfoliating texture!

   Wet your face with warm water!

   With your fingertips gently run the sugar/honey mixture all over your face in circular motions.

   Do this all over for about 2 minutes making sure you pay special attention to any dry skin areas! (mine are usually around my temple area)

   This will exfoliate any dead dry skin you might have. The sugar and honey are both naturally healing and moisturizing!

   Dont forget to get your neck area also!

   After you have exfoliated well go ahead and rinse your face well!

   After your face is rinsed good use a cotton ball to rub the lemon juice over your face and neck!

   This might burn but that means its working! The lemon juice helps to draw out the bad stuff in your skin! Like an astringent! 

   After the lemon juice you can choose to rinse your face or not. Sometimes I do sometimes I don't. Its up to you!

   If you chose to use coconut oil you will only need a small pea sized amount! If you chose olive oil you may need a little more than that!

   Lat step is to just rub the oil you chose over your face and be sure to massage it into your skin well!

   Both coconut oil and olive oil are very good for your skin! You, of course, do not want to use to much though! 

   If you feel you might have too much on your face just wipe off your hands and gently blot your face with a clean towel and then massage your skin again until it is absorbed well.  

   

Can you feel the difference in your skin?  I love the feeling of my skin after I use this facial! I am not a fan of the lemon juice part because I have sensitive skin but after a few times of doing it you kind of get used to the stinging.

   If you decided to give it a try please let me know what you think! Will you be sharing with a friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment